Cajun Rice with Beef Jerky
If you have made our beef jerky try this Southern American Cajun rice with beef jerky recipe. It's a one-pan dish with rice, garlic, onion, green peper, cajun seasoning, prepared beef jerky and fresh parsley.
- 200g/7oz long grained rice, rinsed and drained
- 15ml/1tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded (optional) and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 100g/4oz prepared beef jerky, chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the rice with vegetable stock instead of water, according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the garlic, onion, pepper and chilli for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the seasoning, thyme, rice and beef jerky.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the beef jerky is heated through.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.