Citrus Spiced BBQ Beef Skewers
These zesty skewers use cubed siloin rump or topside beef cubes - great on the barbecue or the grill.
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 450g/1lb lean beef sirloin, rump or topside steaks, cubed
- 15ml/1tbsp ground paprika
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5ml/1tsp dried oregano
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground cumin
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp Greek yogurt
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Small handful freshly chopped mint
- 100g bag watercress or rocket leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Thread the steaks onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers. In a small bowl mix together the paprika, lemon, oregano and cumin with the olive oil and brush over the skewers. If time allows, marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- For the yogurt dressing, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice and the mint. Season.
- For the salad mix together watercress or rocket leaves, fennel, and cucumber, and toss with the olive oil and lime. Season and chill until required.
- Grill on a rack or barbecue according to preference under a moderate heat.
- Serve the skewers with the salad, yogurt dressing and potato wedges.