Lamb, Chick Pea and Cherry Salad
A Meditteranean-inspired recipe that uses boneless leg steaks marinated in a combination of black olive tapenade, fresh rosemary, and garlic, Steaks are seared on the hob with fresh cherries. Serve with a chick pea, spinach and potato salad with a light balamic dressing.
- 2 boneless lamb leg steaks
- 15ml/1tbsp prepared black olive tapenade
- 10ml/2tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 200g/7oz fresh cherries, stoned and halved
- For the Salad
- :375g/12oz salad potatoes, quartered
- 1 x 400g can chick peas, drained
- 75g/3oz baby spinach leaves
- 2 large handfuls freshly chopped mint
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- For the Dressing
- :75ml/5tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive paste, rosemary, seasoning, garlic and oil. Rub the mixture over the steaks on both sides. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan until hot. Cook the steaks for 6-8 minutes on each side. Add the cherries 2-3 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl, add the chick peas, spinach, herbs and onions. Slice the lamb and add to the salad with the warm cherries and any meat juices from the pan.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, drizzle over the salad, toss gently and serve.