Lamb Leg Steaks with Olive and Red Pepper Tapenade
Lamb leg steaks cooked and topped with a home-made olive and red pepper tapenade.
- 2 lean bone-in leg steaks or boneless lamb leg steaks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the olive and red pepper tapenade:
- 3 small whole roasted red peppers (available at supermarkets in jars), drained and finely chopped
- Large handful freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40g pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon anchovy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the steaks in a shallow bowl. Season and add the garlic, lemon juice and oil. Coat the steaks in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the tapenade ingredients in a small bowl, season and mix well.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook on a preheated grill or prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side. Alternatively, heat a grill pan over a moderate heat and cook the steaks for 10-15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Transfer to a plate, spoon over the tapenade and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.