Lamb Leg Steaks with Watercress Pesto
If you haven’t already discovered for yourself, watercress pesto is a great accompaniment for lamb. With just 5 ingredients this recipe is also super easy and quick to make.
- 2 boneless lamb leg steaks
For the watercress pesto:
- 25g unsalted shelled pistachio nuts
- 25g watercress leaves
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 60ml rapeseed or olive oil
- For the pesto, put the nuts, watercress, Parmesan and 50ml oil into a blender, season and whizz together to make a chunky pesto.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan under moderate heat until hot. Brush the steaks with remaining oil, season and cook for 6–8 minutes on each side. Transfer the steaks to warm plates.
- Place a small spoonful of pesto on each of the steaks (slice, if preferred) and serve with roasted peppers or cherry tomatoes and crusty bread. Serve the remaining pesto separately.