Lamb Pockets with Red Onion and Mint Salsa
Thin cut lamb steaks wrapped in cheese and grilled peppers, served with a red onion, mint and tomato salsa - a special recipe and ready in under 30 minutes.
- 4 thin cut lamb steaks
- 1tsp prepared Italian seasoning
- 75g mozzarella cheese, finely sliced
- ½ x 285g char grilled peppers, drained, oil reserved and sliced
- For the Red Onion, Mint and Tomato Salsa:
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Large bunch freshly chopped mint
- 50g cherry or plum tomatoes, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1tbsp reserved oil from the peppers
- Place each steak on a chopping board and cover with a layer of cling film. Using a rolling pin or saucepan bash each steak until 1cm thin.Brush the lamb with the reserved oil from the peppers, season and dust with the Italian seasoning on both sides.
- Divide the mozzarella and char grilled peppers between the lamb steaks. Gently fold in half. Secure with a cocktail stick if necessary. Preheat the oven at Gas Mark 5, 190°C.
- Heat a non-stick ovenproof griddle pan until hot and brown the steaks for 2-3 minutes all over, turning occasionally. Press down firmly. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the salsa ingredients together and season to taste.
- Slice the steaks and serve with a green salad.