Lamb Valentine steaks with Orange and Redcurrant Sauce
- 4 lean lamb valentine steaks, cutlets or chops
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp ground coriander
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 150ml/¼pint good, hot lamb stock
- Grated zest and juice of ½ orange
- 15ml/1tbsp redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce
Heat the oil in a large non-stick griddle pan. Mix the seasoning and coriander together. Dust the steaks on both sides with the mixture.
Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce; in the same pan cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, orange zest and juice and redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Pour any meat juices from the plate to the pan with the sauce.
Serve the steaks with herb mash and steamed curly kale or broccoli.