Leg Steaks with Warm Cauliflower,Tomato and Toasted Pine Nut Salad
Leg Steaks with Warm Cauliflower, Tomato and Toasted Pine Nut Salad
- 4 lean lamb leg steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp extra virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 small red onions, peeled and finely sliced lengthways
- 50g/2oz butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets and cooked until just tender
- 40g/1½oz lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- :Plain yogurt
- Place the steaks on a chopping board, season and brush with half the oil on both sides. Cook on a preheated grill or prepared barbecue for 8-10 minutes (for medium), turning occasionally or until any meat juices run clear. Transfer to a warm plate and cover loosely.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heavy bottomed non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until caramelised and partially softened. Add the tomatoes then transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to the hob and melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cauliflower. Cook until lightly caramelised tossing occasionally. Return the tomato mixture to the pan with the cauliflower, season and stir through the pine nuts and parsley.
- Serve the steaks with a dollop of yogurt and the warm salad.