One Pot Beef Pasta
This is a great leftover recipe that uses roast beef and features pasta, fresh and dried herbs, onion, celery, chopped tomatoes,butternut squash,sweet chilli sauce and freshly grated cheese prepared in under 20 minutes.
- 225g cooked roast beef or lamb, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 200g butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 175g pasta shapes
- 25g grated Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pot (with a lid) and cook the onion and celery for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the squash or pumpkin and beef. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, herbs, chilli sauce and seasoning. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning, if required
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and stir into the beef mixture.
- Garnish with the cheese and basil. Serve immediately with a crisp salad.