Creamy Beef and Mustard Pasta
A satisfying salad made with beef steaks, red onions, green beans and sweetcorn, tossed in a creamy mustard and lemon dressing. A great midweek alfresco supper dish.
- 450g lean beef sirloin, rump, topside or frying steaks, cut into 5cm strips
- 150g dried pasta bows, or similar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g fine green beans, topped and cut in half
- 1 x 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 150ml crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan or wok and cook the beef strips in batches for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Add the onions, beans and sweetcorn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Mix together the crème fraîche with the mustard and lemon zest. Add to the pan with the beef and stir in the hot pasta. Season and add the chives.
- Spoon into a large pasta bowl and serve immediately with crusty bread.