Creamy Beef and Mustard Pasta
Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- 450g/1lb lean beef sirloin, rump, topside or frying steaks, cut into 5cm/2inch strips
- 150g/5oz dried pasta bows, or similar
- 5ml/1tsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g/2oz fine green beans, topped and cut in half
- 1 x 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 150ml/¼pint crème fraîche
- 30ml/2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 10ml/2tsp grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan or wok and cook the beef strips in batches for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Add the onions, beans and sweetcorn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Mix together the crème fraîche with the mustard and lemon zest. Add to the pan with the beef and stir in the hot pasta. Season and add the chives.
- Spoon into a large pasta bowl and serve immediately with crusty bread.