Pan-fried Steaks with Pesto Sauce
A tasty lamb or beef steak recipe, pan fried and served with a delicious parsely pesto.
- 2 lean lamb leg steaks or 2 beef steaks
For the parsley pesto:
- 2 handfuls of flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons pinenuts or walnuts
- 85g grated Parmesan cheese
- 150-200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Prepare the parsley pesto; place all the pesto ingredients except the extra virgin olive oil in a food processor or blender and mix. Scrape any pesto from the sides of the bowl before slowly adding the oil, until a thick green sauce is achieved. If a thinner sauce is required,add more oil.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick pan and fry the lamb steaks according to preference. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the crème fraîche, milk, 1-2 tablespoons of the parsley pesto and the tomatoes, if using. Season and simmer gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve with the steaks.baby new potatoes and dressed salad leaves.
- Store any remaining fresh pesto in an airtight container, refrigerate and use within 3-4 days.