Quick Beef Biryani
Spice up your midweek meals with a quick biryani made with thin cut beef strips, curry paste, rice, peas, onions and garlic.
- 450g thin cut beef steaks, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 3 tablespoons curry paste of your choice
- 300g basmati rice, rinsed
- 850ml good, hot beef or chicken stock
- 200g frozen peas
- Large handful freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large heatproof casserole dish with a lid and cook the onions on a low heat for 5-10 minutes until soft and slightly coloured.
- Turn up the heat and add the garlic, curry paste, beef, rice, stock and seasoning. Bring the mixture to boiling point, turn down the heat, cover and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
- During the last 2 minutes add the peas and stir gently, cover and continue to cook until the rice is cooked.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with the herbs. Serve immediately with a selection of Indian relishes, raita and a side salad.