Roast Mini Lamb Joints with Red Pesto
An Italian inspired recipe using boneless mini lamb roasting joints spread with a home made read pesto cooked in half an hour. A great mid-week roasting dish.
To Cook Medium: 20 minutes (medium)
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes (Well done)
- 2 x mini lamb topside joints
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Red Pesto
- :1x 25-30g pack fresh basil leaves
- 50g/2oz pine nut kernels, lightly toasted
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 75g/3oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 25-50g/1-2oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 150ml/¼pint extra virgin olive oil
- 25g/1oz fresh breadcrumbs
- To Garnish
- :Extra roasted pine nut kernels
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
To prepare the red pesto; place all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs into a food processor or blender and whizz together to form a coarse paste. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
Place the lamb on a chopping board; make several slashes over the surface of the lamb, season and spread with the prepared pesto. Transfer to a foil-lined metal rack in a roasting tin and cook according to your preference. Halfway through cooking cover the lamb with foil.
Transfer the lamb to a warm plate; lightly cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Slice and serve with roasted or sautéed new potatoes, any remaining pan juices and a green salad.