Seared Steak with a Crunchy Salsa
This quick steak dish combines thin cut beef steak with Cajun spices and served with a crunchy salsa made with cherry tomatoes, olives, red onions, lime juice and freshly chopped coriander or parsley. A perfect midweek meal.
- 2 thin cut beef steaks
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or similar
- For the Crunchy Salsa:
- 75g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g pitted black or green olives, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Large handful freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking.
- Put the steaks on a plate, brush with the oil on both sides and sprinkle the seasoning all over. Cover and leave to one side.
- To prepare the salsa, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan until hot and cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium)
- Serve the steaks with sauté potatoes, wedges or chips, a selection of relishes and a green salad.
Per portion (208g)
Saturated fat (g)
Total sugars (g)
Dietary fibre (g)