Sizzle Beef Stir-Fry
A speedy beef stir fry using thin cut beef, prepared, chilled vegetable rice and an oriental sizzle sauce made with worcester sauce, Chinese 5 spice powder, tomato puree, honey, light soy sauce and seasoning. Ready in under 20 minutes too!
- 300g/10½oz thin cut beef steaks, cut into rough cubes
- 10ml/2tsp oil
- 450g/1lb prepared chilled vegetable rice
- For the Sizzle Sauce:
- 60ml/4tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5ml/1tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato purée
- 15ml/1tbsp honey
- 15ml/1tbsp light soy sauce
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- To make the sizzle sauce, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan or wok, add the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sauce and vegetable rice; continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time until the rice is piping hot.
- Serve immediately with a green salad.