Steak with Herb and Paprika Rub
A great steak dish with a herb and paprika rub. Great for a mid-week meal or at the weekend using sirloin, rib eye or rump steaks.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean sirloin, rib eye or rump steaks
For the herb and paprika rub:
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Place all the ingredients on a shallow plate and mix well.
- Coat the steaks on both sides and cook under a preheated moderate grill according to your preference.
- Serve the steaks with your favourite accompaniments.