Steak with Lentils and Feta
A tasty but quick protein packed midweek meal that's flavoursome and speedy too. Thin cut steaks pan fried and served with garlic and chilli infused warm lentils mixed with char-grilled pepper strips, fresh herbs, baby spinach and crumbled Feta cheese.
- 400g thin cut beef steaks
- 1 x 285g jar char-grilled peppers in oil, drained (oil reserved) and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2tbsp balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans puy green lentils, drained
- 1 x 28g pack flat-leaf parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- 1 x 100g bag baby spinach leaves
- 100g Feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat a non-stick pan until hot, brush 2tsp of the reserved oil from the peppers over the steaks, season and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and set aside.
- Add 2tbsp of the remaining oil to the pan with the garlic and chilli flakes. Gently cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the vinegar.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Slice the steaks into strips. Add to the lentil salad with any meat juices from the steak plate, toss and serve immediately.