Steaks with Balsamic Sauce
Super quick steak dish using sirloin, rib eye, rump or fillet served with buttery balsamic sauce.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean beef sirloin, rib-eye, rump, or fillet steaks
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons good, aged balsamic vinegar
- 50g butter, cubed
- Fresh chives, to garnish, optional
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan. Season the steaks and cook according to preference. Remove the steaks from the pan and keep warm.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and whisk in the butter, a little at a time until the sauce is smooth and glossy.
- Arrange the steaks on a plate, garnish with chives, if used, and serve with the sauce, new or rosti potatoes and seasonal vegetables.