Beef Stuffed Calzone
A tasty calzone stuffed with lean beef mince combined with onions, half-fat crème fraîche, seasonings, sun-dried tomatoes and capers.
- 375g lean beef mince
- 1 x 290g pack pizza dough mix
- 1-2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes
- 50g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 150g half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- Small bunch fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the packet instructions, adding the poppy seeds to the flour before the water. Leave in a cool place to rise.
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan and cook the mince and onion for 5-7 minutes until brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Season.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead gently for 1 minute. Divide into 2 (or 4) pieces. Roll each out to 30cm or 15cm diameter circles. Divide the meat filling over half of each base, leaving a 2cm boarder around the edge. Brush the edges with a little water. Fold over to make a half moon shape.
- Seal the edges, by crimping with your fingers, place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with crisp salad leaves.