Coronation Thin Cut Steak, Radish and Pea Salad
A delicious steak salad using thin cut steaks, fresh peas, little gem lettuce and radishes, combined with a mild curry mayonnaise dressing.
- 400g thin cut beef steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- For the Salad:
- 2 little gem lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 x 200g pack radishes, sliced
- 200g peas, fresh or defrosted
- For the Dressing:
- 1-2 teaspoons mild or Madras curry powder
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat crème fraîche or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare the salad; place all the ingredients into a large bowl. For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until combined then set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or frying pan until hot. Brush the steaks with oil, season on both sides and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Slice the beef into strips then add to the salad with any meat juices. Spoon the dressing over the salad and serve with crusty bread.