Hot Seared Beef Thin Cut Salad with Honey Dressing
This hot beef salad is perfect for alfresco eating. Thin cut beef steak strips combined with seasonal ingredients such as salad leaves, new potatoes, cucumber and tomatoes and finished with a light honey dressing.
- 400g thin cut beef steaks
- 350g new potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40g flaked almonds, toasted
- 85-100g bag mixed salad leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Add the cucumber to a large bowl with the parsley and almonds. Add the potatoes.
- To prepare the dressing; in a small bowl whisk together half the oil, sherry vinegar and honey. Season.
- Heat a non-stick pan until hot. Meanwhile, brush the steaks with the remaining oil on both sides and season. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut the beef into 5cm strips and add to the potato mixture.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a large plate, scatter the tomatoes over the leaves then spoon over half the dressing.
- Pile the beef and potato salad on top of the salad leaves, drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.