Lamb Chops with Fennel Relish
Quick meal for two with bold flavours complimenting the lamb chops or cutlets. Lemony new potaoes and a fennel, olive and caper relish.
- 4 medium-sized lean lamb loin chops or cutlets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and finely sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon anchovy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pitted black olives, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons small capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 375g waxy potatoes, halved
- Juice and peel from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- To prepare the lemony potatoes; boil the potatoes with the lemon peel for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and discard the lemon peel. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, seasoning and chives. Toss gently.
- Meanwhile, place the lamb on a chopping board and season. Cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes turning occasionally.
- At the same time heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan on a moderate heat and cook the fennel and shallot for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the fennel is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, blend the anchovy sauce with the vinegar and add to the pan with the olives, capers and parsley.
- Serve the lamb with the relish and potatoes.