Lamb Leg Steaks in a Herb Marinade
- 2 x 150g/5oz lean boneless lamb leg steaks
- For the Marinade
- :45ml/3tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp freshly chopped rosemary or thyme
- 15ml/1tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Place the steak in a non-metallic dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over the steaks. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Cook the steaks on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until any meat juices run clear. Transfer the steaks to a warm plate and leave to rest for a few minutes.
Serve with a fresh cherry and bean salad with mixed beans, cherries, red onions, baby spinach leaves and a light dressing.