Lamb Leg Steaks in a Herb Marinade
Lamb Leg steaks marinated in Worcestershire sauce, fresh herbs, balsamic vinegar, rapeseed oil and seasoning. The steaks are cooked on a barbecue or under the grill and served with a fresh cherry, mixed bean and spinach salad. A tasty fuss-free mid-week meal.
- 2 x 150g lean boneless lamb leg steaks
For the Marinade
- 45ml/3tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary or thyme
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- Place the steak in a non-metallic dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over the steaks. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Cook the steaks on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until any meat juices run clear. Transfer the steaks to a warm plate and leave to rest for a few minutes.
Serve with a fresh cherry and bean salad with mixed beans, cherries, red onions, baby spinach leaves and a light dressing.