Miniature Beef Tarts with White Bean Puree
A festive canape recipe for all celebrations featuring a white bean puree made with canned white beans, garlic, olive oil and freshly chopped chives topped strips of sirloin or minute steak on a mini crostini or prepared melba toasts.
- 2 lean thin cut sirloin or minute steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
For the white bean purée
- :1 x 400g can white beans, e.g. cannellini, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- 10ml/2tsp freshly chopped chives
- 20 prepared mini toasts
- 15ml/1tbsp creamed horseradish, optional
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- To prepare the white bean purée; place the beans, garlic and oil in a food processor or blender and whizz together until smooth. Spoon into a small bowl and stir through the chives. Adjust the seasoning, if required, cover and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan. Season the beef on both sides and brush with the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat to rest for 1-2 minutes then thinly slice on the diagonal.
- Spoon a small amount of the purée evenly on each toast. Top with a slice of beef, a pea-sized amount of the horseradish sauce (if used) and garnish with a few fresh chives. Serve immediately.