Minty Lamb and Pea Burgers
A great lamb burger made with freshly chopped mint or mint jelly and pureed garden peas. Children will love these burgers served with a minty Greek yogurt with freshly chopped mint or mint jelly. The recipe will make 8 small burgers for children or 4 for adults.
- 450g lamb mince (10% fat)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint or mint jelly
- 100g peas, cooked, cooled and puréed or finely mashed (with a potato masher)
For the minty yogurt:
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint or mint jelly
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the the mixture into eight 5cm evenly-sized burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked or any meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the minty yogurt; mix together the yogurt and the remaining fresh mint or mint jelly.
- Serve the burgers in rolls of your choice, a selection of salad leaves and the minty yogurt.