Minty Lamb and Pea Burgers
A great lamb burger made with freshly chopped mint or mint jelly and pureed garden peas. Children will love these burgers served with a minty Greek yogurt with freshly chopped mint or mint jelly. The recipe will make 8 small burgers for children or 4 for adults.
- 450g/1lb lamb mince
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped mint or mint jelly
- 100g/4oz peas, cooked, cooled and puréed or finely mashed (with a potato masher)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper, to taste
- For the Minty Yogurt
- :45ml/3tbsp Greek yogurt
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint or mint jelly
1. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
2. Using slightly damp hands shape the the mixture into eight 5cm/2inch evenly-sized burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
3. Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked or any meat juices run clear.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the minty yogurt; mix together the yogurt and the remaining fresh mint or mint jelly.
5. Serve the burgers in rolls of your choice, a selection of salad leaves and the minty yogurt.