Oriental Lamb Stir-fry
A delicious lamb stir-fry that is on the table in 20 minutes...the ultimate fast food! Strips of lamb leg steak, combined with a tangy marinade using store cupboard ingredients, stir-fried vegetables and tasty egg noodles.
- 400g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into stir-fry strips
For the tangy marinade:
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1-2 tablespoons runny honey
For the Stir-fry:
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped, optional
- 1 x 300-350g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables of your choice
- 400g pack fresh egg or rice noodles
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons light soy sauce, optional
- To prepare the marinade; in a shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the lamb, stir to coat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok, remove the lamb from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add the reserved marinade, ginger, stir-fry vegetables and noodles to the pan. Toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season, if required.
- Garnish with the parsley and soy sauce, if used and serve immediately.