Oriental Lamb Stir-fry
A delicious lamb stir-fry that is on the table in 20 minutes...the ultimate fast food! Strips of lamb leg steak, combined with a tangy marinade using store cupboard ingredients, stir-fried vegetables and tasty egg noodles.
- 400g/14oz lean lamb leg steaks, cut into stir-fry strips
For the tangy marinade:
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 90ml/6tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2.5ml/½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 5ml/1tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp runny honey
For the Stir-fry:
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped, optional
- 1 x 300-350g/10½-12oz pack prepared stir-fry vegetables of your choice
- 400g/14oz pack fresh egg or rice noodles
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, optional
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp light soy sauce, optional
- To prepare the marinade; in a shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the lamb, stir to coat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok, remove the lamb from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add the reserved marinade,the stir- fry ingredients and noodles, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season, if required.
- Garnish with the parsley and soy sauce, if used and serve immediately.