Pan-Fried Lamb Chops with Red Onion and Braised Celery
Eat Transfer the lamb and onions to a warm plate, drizzle over any pan juices and serve with the braised celery and mashed potatoes.
- 4 lean lamb loin chops or cutlets
- 1 packet celery hearts, cut in half lengthways
- 25g butter
- 150ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- Place the celery in a shallow pan with the butter, stock and thyme leaves. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the celery is tender.
- Meanwhile place the chops or cutlets on a chopping board and season on both sides with the salt and peppercorns.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the lamb for 10 minutes, turning once. Add the onion and cook for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer the lamb and onions to a warm plate, drizzle over any pan juices and serve with the braised celery and mashed potatoes.