Spicy Lamb Kebabs with Mint and Nectarine Salsa
Eat Serve the skewers with the salsa and garlic bread.
- 450g/1lb lean lamb leg or shoulder steaks, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 4-6 red chillies, deseeded and cut in half
For the marinade
- :1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 5ml/1tsp coriander seeds, finely crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 10ml/2tsp olive or sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the nectarine and mint salsa
- :3 ripe nectarines or peaches, halved, stoned and diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh lime juice
- Prepare the marinade; in a large shallow bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Thread equal amounts of lamb and chillies onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in cold water for 20 minutes). Place in a shallow dish, pour over the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa; in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the steaks on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill and cook for 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the skewers with the salsa and garlic bread.