Warm Lamb and White Bean Salad with Rocket Dressing
A warm salad made with roasted lamb or shoulder cubes tossed in fresh tomatoes, canned beans and olives tossed in a rocket and red wine dressing.
- 675g lean boneless shoulder or lamb neck fillet, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 225gcherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Large handful freshly chopped chives
- 2 x 410g cans cannellini beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pitted green or black olives, roughly chopped
For the rocket and red wine dressing:
- 1 x 50g bag wild rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine or sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 1970°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- In a large roasting tin mix together the lamb, rosemary sprigs, olive oil and seasoning. Roast uncovered in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time until the lamb is meltingly tender.
- Prepare the rocket and red wine dressing; place all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until the dressing is combined. Season if required.
- Place all the remaining salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and add the roasted lamb and tomatoes. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.