Lamb Leg Steaks with Preserved Lemons, Radish, and Parsley Relish
With only 5 store cupboard ingredients, try this zesty but light lamb leg steak dish marinated in garlic, lightly chopped preserved lemons, a little oil and seasoning. It's grilled or barbecued and topped with a parsley, lemon and radish relish.
- 4 x 150g/5oz lean lamb leg steaks
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 75g/3oz preserved lemons (available at larger supermarkets in jars) drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 20ml/4tsp rapeseed oil
- 6 radishes, topped, tailed and sliced
- 1 x 25-28g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- From the Store Cupboard:
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 20ml/4tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Flat or pitta breads, to serve
- Put the lamb in a plastic food bag with the garlic, 25g/1oz of the preserved lemons, seasoning and 10ml/2tsp oil. Toss gently, seal and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if time allows.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining preserved lemons and the remaining oil, radishes and parsley in a large bowl. Season and mix.
- Cook the steaks under a preheated grill or prepared barbecue for 6- 8 minutes on each side. Rest the lamb for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, warm the breads of your choice.
- Serve the lamb with the salad and the bread.