Beef,Courgette and Yellow Pepper Rolls
Healthy light lunch using thin cut sirloin or minute steaks wrapped around courgette and pepper strips with a sweet soy glaze.
- 8 lean thin cut sirloin or minute steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into matchsticks
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 spring onions, cut into long thin strips
- 4 tablespoons sherry or white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons caster sugar
- Place the steaks on a large chopping board, cover with a large piece of cling film or greaseproof paper and flatten well with a rolling pin or meat hammer to about 5mm/¼inch thick. Season.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the peppers and courgettes for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Add half the soy sauce and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Divide the peppers, courgettes and raw spring onions evenly over the steaks. Roll up tightly into bundles and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Wipe the pan clean and heat the remaining oil. Cook the beef rolls for 4-6 minutes until brown on all sides, removing the cocktail sticks halfway through cooking. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add 4 tablespoons water to the pan with the remaining soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and cook for 1-2 minute until the sauce thickens. Return the beef to the sauce and heat through for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with a rice salad.