Crunchy Beef Slices
Mini pizza style slices with beef mince, guacamole, red onions, tomatoes, salad leaves and fruit chutney.
- 225g lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons smooth sweet pickle or onion chutney
- 50g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 x 2.5cm diagonal slices of bread from a country-styled loaf
- 4 tablespoons prepared guacamole
- Handful salad leaves or shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Brush the oil on both sides with the bread slices. Heat a griddle pan and cook the bread on each side for 2 minutes or alternatively toast. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan and dry fry the mince with the shallots for 2-3 minutes until brown. Add the sweet pickle or chutney, mushrooms and seasoning. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the guacamole over the base of the bread slices and spoon over ¾ of the mince mixture. Top with the salad leaves or iceberg lettuce, then the remaining mince.
- Sprinkle over the onions and cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately.