Curried Meats (Lamb & Beef)
Slow cooked beef or lamb curry with a retro flavour from the fruity additions of currants, apricots and bananas.
- 450g/1lb lean beef or lamb cubes
- 30ml/2tbsp plain flour
- 15ml/1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp curry paste
- 450ml/¾pint good, hot beef or lamb stock
- 30ml/2tbsp sultanas
- 30ml/2tbsp dried apricots
- Toss the beef or lamb cubes in the flour. In a large pan heat the oil and cook the cubes for 5-6 minutes until brown. Add the onion and curry paste. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the stock and add the sultanas and dried apricots. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Serve the curry with boiled rice and poppadoms, and a selection of traditional side dishes of sliced banana, melon balls and mango chutney.