Easy Lamb Keema
Try our Easy Lamb keema that uses lamb mince in an exciting way. The keema is then used for a variety of dishes such as Keema Hash, Keema Pasta Bake and Keema Cheese Toasties to name but a few,
- 450g lean lamb mince
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed or 2 teaspoons garlic purée
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger or 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded (if preferred) and finely chopped or 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons curry paste of your choice
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 75g peas (fresh or frozen)
- Large handful freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over a low heat for 10 minutes or until soft and lightly golden.
Add the ginger, hot chilli sauce or fresh chillies and curry paste. Cook over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the lamb and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato purée and bring to the boil. Season, reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water, if needed. During the last 5 minutes add the peas. Remove from the heat and stir through the herbs.
During the last 5 minutes add the peas. Remove from the heat and stir through the herbs.
Use as required or cool quickly, transfer into plastic container and freeze for up to 3 months.