Keema Topped Chicory Leaves
This is a great entertaining canape dish where 24 fresh red chicory leaves are topped with a hot cooked keema lamb mince mixture then finished with chives.
- 225g prepared lamb keema
- 150ml good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 2 fresh whole red chicory
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- Put the keema in a large non-stick pan with the stock and heat for 3-4 minutes until piping hot, breaking up the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Cut off the root end of each chicory and separate the leaves, then trim the ends of the largest leaves. Transfer to a wooden chopping board or large platter.
- Spoon small piles of the keema onto each chicory leaf. Garnish with a small handful of the cucumber then scatter over the chives.
- Serve immediately.