Lamb Blinis with Marinated Peppers and Herb Relish
These lamb blinis are perfect for any celebration, lamb rump or leg steaks seasoned with garlic salt and fresh rosemary, cooked, thinly sliced and served on prepared blinis spread with a herb relish and topped with marinated peppers.
- 2 lean boneless lamb rump or leg steaks
- Freshly milled black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt or seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
For the herb relish:
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 prepared grilled and marinated red or yellow peppers (available in jars), finely sliced lengthways
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- To prepare the herb dressing, in small bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and set aside.
Heat a non-stick griddle pan over a moderate heat, place the steaks on a chopping board, season and dust with the garlic salt or seasoning and rosemary. Brush the steaks on both sides with the oil. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side then transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Meanwhile warm the blinis according to the packet instructions then spread each blini evenly with a little of the herb dressing.
Cut the lamb into thin slices, arrange evenly over the blinis and top with a little of the marinated peppers. Garnish with the chives.
Serve immediately as party nibbles.