Lamb Rumps with Pesto Butter
Quick, fresh midweek meal. Lamb rump with a pesto butter, and a light pasta, cucumber and radish salad.
- 6-8 lean lamb rump (chump) or loin chops
- 6-8 fresh bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g cooked pasta shapes
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare the pesto butter; mix the pesto sauce and butter together. Form into a sausage shape, wrap in cling film or foil and chill until required.
- Place each chop on a large square foil sheet. Season on both sides. Top with a disc of the pesto butter and a bay leaf.
- Wrap loosely and place on a prepared barbecue or in a preheated oven at 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5 for 15- 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the pasta, cucumber and radishes into a large bowl. Put the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar, season and shake until combined. Pour over the salad and serve with the lamb.