- 225g lamb steaks, cut into 1cm strips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet sherry
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame or sunflower oil
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 small bunch spring onions, chopped
- 100g baby sweet corn, cut in half, lengthways
- 100g beansprouts
- In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, lime zest and juice, garlic, ginger, coriander and water.
- Add the meat to the marinade, stir, cover and leave in the refrigerator until for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick wok or frying pan. Remove the meat from the marinade and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Reserve the marinade.
- Add the red pepper, spring onions and baby corn, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beansprouts and the reserved marinade and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the stir-fry with noodles or fragrant rice.
Tips:Other suitable meat cuts: Lamb: Leg, chump steaks or neck fillet