Pan-Fried Steak with Herbs
A delicious steak pan-fried with dried mixed herbs and served with boiled new potatoes and a side salad.
Based on a 2cm/¾in thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 1 lean sirloin steak (150g/5oz in weight)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp dried thyme leaves
- 5ml/1tsp oil
- To serve
- :50g/2oz mixed green salad dressed with 15ml/1tbsp lemon vinaigrette dressing
- 175g/6oz boiled new potatoes
Heat a large a non-stick griddle or frying pan, season the steaks, brush with oil on both sides and cook according to your preference.
Serve the steaks with the salad and boiled new potatoes.