Porterhouse Steak with Pine Nut Spaghetti
This porterhouse steak will serve two people and is great cooked on the barbecue or grill. It's seasoned and served with freshly cooked spaghetti tossed with toasted pine nuts, basil leaves, rapeseed or olive oil and cherry tomatoes. This steak cut is a must to try.
- 1 x bone-in Porterhouse steak (weighing 450g/1lb)
- "For the Pine Nut Spaghetti:"
- 200g/7oz fresh spaghetti
- Large handful toasted pine nuts
- 75g/3oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 45ml/3tbsp small fresh basil leaves, torn
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 45ml/3tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. Remove the steak from the fridge at least 1 hour before cooking, transfer to a shallow dish and bring up to room temperature.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard and 15ml/1tbsp oil.
3. Season and brush with the mustard oil on both sides.
4. Cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill according to your preference. Remove the steaks from the pan and transfer to a plate. Cover and leave to rest.
5. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, transfer to a large bowl and add the pine nuts, tomatoes, basil, the remaining oil and seasoning. Toss gently.
6. Serve the spaghetti with the steak.