Tangy Meatballs with Noodles
A great tangy lamb or beef mince dish prepared in 20 minutes with lemon, fresh ginger, garlic, cherry tomatoes,mango chutney, egg noodles, rocket leaves, toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley. Great for the kids.
- 450g/1lb lean beef or lamb mince
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Grated zest of 1 lemon or ½ fresh lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 x 5cm/2 inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 30ml/2tbsp mango chutney
- 60ml/4tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 600g/1lb 5oz cooked egg noodles
- 1 x 100g bag rocket or baby spinach leaves
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Toasted pine nuts, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the mince in a large bowl. Season and add the lemon zest or lemongrass, ginger and chutney.
- Using damp hands, shape the mixture into twenty-four 2.5cm/1 inch balls.
- Transfer to a non-stick roasting tray and cook for 15 minutes or until any meat juices run clear. Discard any meat juices.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cooked noodles and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the meatballs, rocket or spinach leaves. Gently toss to combine.
- Garnish with the parsley and pine nuts and serve immediately.