Tangy Meatballs with Noodles
A great tangy lamb or beef mince dish prepared in 20 minutes with lemon, fresh ginger, garlic, cherry tomatoes,mango chutney, egg noodles, rocket leaves, toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley. Great for the kids.
- 450g lean beef or lamb mince
- Grated zest of 1 lemon or ½ fresh lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 x 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4 tablespoons olive or rapeseed oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 600g cooked egg noodles
- 1 x 100g bag rocket or baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Toasted pine nuts, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Place the mince in a large bowl. Season and add the lemon zest or lemongrass, ginger and chutney.
- Using damp hands, shape the mixture into twenty-four 2.5cm balls.
- Transfer to a non-stick roasting tray and cook for 15 minutes or until any meat juices run clear. Discard any meat juices.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cooked noodles and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the meatballs, rocket or spinach leaves. Gently toss to combine.
- Garnish with the parsley and pine nuts and serve immediately.