Tearshare Naan Sensations
Ideal light lunch or supper for two, naan breads are topped with mince beef, spinach and blue cheese, or any preferred combination of flavours.
- 375g lean beef mince
- 3 small red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Small handful fresh oregano or marjoram leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 prepared bread bases, e.g. naan, focaccia or ciabatta
- 2 tablespoons onion marmalade or onion relish
- 25g baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Place the onion wedges on a shallow baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and dry fry the mince for 5-7 minutes with the herbs. Season.
- Spread the bread bases evenly with onion marmalade or relish. Spoon over the mince mixture and top with the roasted onions. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread and scatter with the baby spinach leaves and cheese. Return to the oven and cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil before serving.