Beef Noodle Bowl
A quick supper dish that prepped and cooked in 25 minutes. Beef steaks combined with fresh ginger, onions, chillies, green beans, carrots, straight to wok noodles and fresh chopped coriander.
- 375g thin-cut beef steaks, cut into thin slices
- 1-2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
For the noodles:
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 200g fine green beans, or mangetout, trimmed and blanched
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 x 300g packs straight-to-wok rice or wholemeal noodles
- 2 teaspoons nigella or sesame seeds, to garnish
- Freshly chopped coriander or parsley, to garnish
- Put the steaks in a large bowl and toss in the Chinese five-spice powder.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan or wok over a high heat and fry the beef for 3-4 minutes or until brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, honey and soy sauce. Stir for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens and cooks. Remove all from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe the same pan or wok out and heat with the remaining oil over a moderately high heat and fry the onion until soft. Add the green beans, carrot and noodles, toss gently, then warm through for a few minutes. Return the beef with the sauce to the pan and gently toss together.
- Spoon into serving bowls, garnish with the seeds and chopped herbs. Serve with a side salad.