Lamb Tikka Cutlets with Pumpkin and Ginger Chutney
Festive lamb cutlets coated in an aromatic curry paste, grilled and served with a home-made pumpkin and ginger chutney.
- 8 lean lamb cutlets
For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared curry paste
- 1 tablespoon mild chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
For pumpkin and ginger chutney (makes 900g chutney):
- 675g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 425ml dry cider
- 50g light brown sugar
- 25g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the coriander and mustard seeds for 2-3 minutes. Place in a food processor or a mortar and grind to form a fine powder.
- In a large shallow dish combine the dry spices with the remaining marinade ingredients. Coat the cutlets in the marinade, cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile prepare the chutney; place all the ingredients into a large pan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring from time to time.
- Spoon into a large sterilised kilner jar.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook on a preheated grill for 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Garnish the cutlets with fresh coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice and the chutney.