Sticky Lamb Cutlets with Minted Pea and Tomato Relish
Tender lamb cutlets in a herb marinade and brushed with honey and mustard.
- 12 lean lamb cutlets or chops
- 2 tablespoons clear runny honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
For the herb marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 2 fresh bay leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
For the minted pea and tomato relish:
- 175g shelled peas (fresh or defrosted, if frozen)
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Small handful freshly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or cider vinegar
- 50g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl mix the mustard and honey together and set aside.
- In a large, shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the cutlets, cover and marinate for up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the salsa; cook the peas in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes. Refresh under cold, running water. Drain and set aside.
- Place the peas, spring onions, mint, olive oil, vinegar and seasoning into a food processor or blender and whizz very briefly. Stir in the tomatoes and transfer to a serving plate.
- Brush the steaks with the honey and mustard glaze on both sides and cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 12-16 minutes, until any meat juices run clear. Turn the chops occasionally, brushing with the remaining honey and mustard mixture.
- Serve the chops with the relish and crusty bread.