Mustard Crust Kebabs
Try these tasty beef cubes brushed with a tasty mustard mayonnaise, grilled and finished with crispy garlicky toasted breadcrumbs.
- 450g lean beef stewing or braising cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 450ml good, hot beef stock
- 675g potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 75g frozen peas
- Thread the beef onto 6 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes).
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, mayonnaise and seasoning.
- Brush half the mustard mayonnaise mixture over the kebabs and cook according to your preference on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill, turning once. Halfway through cooking baste with the remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan and fry the garlic, breadcrumbs and thyme for 1 minute, tossing frequently until golden brown.
- Transfer the kebabs onto a warm plate, sprinkle over the breadcrumb mixture and serve immediately with a crisp salad.