Orange and Ginger Marinated Lamb Chops with Roasted Vegetables
- 8 lean lamb chops or cutlets
For the orange and ginger marinade:
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 medium baking potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the lamb in a large shallow bowl, spoon over the marinade to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C,180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the potato wedges and carrots in a roasting tin, sprinkle over the dried herbs, seasoning and olive oil. Toss gently.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. Remove the tin from the oven, add the lamb and reserve the marinade.
- Return to the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small pan and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chops and serve immediately with the roasted vegetables.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.