Portobello Mushrooms with Beef and Aubergine (1)
Light lunch or supper in 30 minutes, these meaty portabello mushrooms are stuffed with beef mince and topped with goats cheese.
- 225g/8oz lean beef mince
- 1 small aubergine, finely diced
- 8 large Portobello or flat mushrooms, stalks removed, finely chopped and reserved
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped tarragon or mint
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 50g/2oz soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C/375°F.
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and dry fry the mince for 7-10 minutes until brown. Add the aubergines and the reserved chopped mushroom and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and add the freshly chopped herbs.
- Meanwhile, place the mushrooms on a flat baking sheet, season, drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon the beef filling evenly over the mushrooms and finish with the goat’s cheese.
- Return to the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts or place under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with simply dressed salad leaves and baby cherry tomatoes.