Portobello Mushrooms with Beef and Aubergine (1)
Light lunch or supper in 30 minutes, these meaty portabello mushrooms are stuffed with beef mince and topped with goats cheese.
- 225g lean beef mince
- 1 small aubergine, finely diced
- 8 large Portobello or flat mushrooms, stalks removed, finely chopped and reserved
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon or mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and dry fry the mince for 7-10 minutes until brown. Add the aubergines and the reserved chopped mushroom and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and add the freshly chopped herbs.
- Meanwhile, place the mushrooms on a flat baking sheet, season, drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon the beef filling evenly over the mushrooms and finish with the goat’s cheese.
- Return to the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts or place under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with simply dressed salad leaves and baby cherry tomatoes.