Portobello Mushrooms with Beef and Aubergine
These beef mince filled Portobello mushrooms make an ideal starter for a dinner party, and will serve 8.
- 225g extra lean beef mince (5% fat)
- 8 large Portobello or flat mushrooms, stalks removed and reserved
- 1 small aubergine, finely diced
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon or mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and dry fry the mince for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Finley chop the mushroom stalks and add to the pan with the aubergine. Cook for a further 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and add the Worcestershire sauce and tarragon.
- Meanwhile, place the whole mushrooms on a flat baking sheet, season, drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 5-6 minutes.
- Spoon the beef filling evenly over the mushrooms and finish with the breadcrumbs.
- Return to the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes until the breadcrumbs are crispy or place under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with simply dressed salad leaves and baby cherry tomatoes.