Lamb Steaks with Thai Green Dipping Sauce
Lamb leg steaks are flavoured with fresh lime juice then cooked on a prepared barbecue or grill and served with a spikey Thai green dipping sauce and rice or cursty bread. Quick, tasty and on the table in 20 mins. Recipe supplied by Ali Imdad in association with Simply Beef and Lamb.
- 2 x 150g lamb leg steaks
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- For the Thai Green Dipping Sauce:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2-4 red Thai chillies, deseeded (if preferred) and chopped
- Handful spring onions, chopped
- Large handful fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Put the lamb in a large bowl and add half the lime zest and juice. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours, however marinating is not necessary.
- To make the Thai green dipping sauce; add the garlic, fish sauce, the remaining lime zest and juice, sugar, chillies, spring onions, coriander and oil into a bowl. Add 100ml of hot water and whisk together. Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes for the flavours to develop. Add salt to taste
- Once the meat has been marinated, cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 8-10 minutes on each side so that it's perfectly cooked through, but still tender.
- Serve the steaks with the dip as a light supper with mixed salad leaves and crusty bread or rice.